The LBWR Leadership Program is a deep and transformative 10-month leadership experience that has the following core elements:
• 22 facilitated learning sessions
• Opening and closing retreats that include all meals and accommodation
• Exclusive Parliament House experience in Canberra with access to ministers and senior party members
• Exposure to complex community issues with various guest speakers
• Opportunities for positive personal change through the Life Styles Inventory (LSI) Circumplex
• Development of leadership efficacy through workplace feedback from LSI 2
• An experiential learning methodology for leadership education and practice developed at Harvard University
• All program resources and pre-readings
• Graduation dinner
Embedded in LBWR’s leadership program is a special category of Committee for Ballarat membership awarded only to participants of LBWR. Committee for Ballarat consists of leading companies and organisations from across the region. Members can tap into the collective business and strategic insight of fellow members at Committee events, forums and contribute to the activation and future of their community by contributing to the future priorities of our region.
• One place at each Round Table Dinner and access to additional places
• One place at each Committee for Ballarat event
• One annual members’ meeting with Committee for Ballarat Chair, Board members and CEO
• Acknowledged on Committee for Ballarat website as a LBWR member
A much-loved feature of LBWR, participants are allocated a mentor to support them through their leadership year. Mentors are selected from well respected community members who have solid business and community leadership skills. Alumni speak fondly of this benefit.
“It is a great opportunity to be mentored and have some external guidance and a sounding board. Your Learning Partner is a great resource.” – Talina Edwards, LBWR16
“Connecting with your Learning Partner is another fabulous aspect of the program that allows self-reflection…Your Learning Partner will have a genuine interest in your growth and development – how lucky are you!” – Shannon Thompson, LBWR16
Connection to ongoing professional and leadership development opportunities through our alumni program.
LBWR Program Fees:
Program fees consist of both an organisational contribution and a participant contribution:
• Employer/sponsor contribution - $4567 exc GST
• Participant contribution - $1444 exc GST
Several scholarships are available for individuals who meet the eligibility criteria. For more information please check out our Scholarships page.