Sponsors partner with LBWR to inspire active community leadership. They assist LBWR by:
• Sponsoring leadership development opportunities through community scholarships.
• Resourcing LBWR through sponsoring program days and community initiatives.
• Sharing their stories and knowledge through participating in the LBWR Leadership program.
• Enabling learning through sharing stories and authentic conversations.
• Developing leadership skills through mentoring.
• Energising by inviting LBWR participants to experience their organisation.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of the following organisations:
• Regional Development Victoria
• Committee for Ballarat
• Bank Australia
• The Courier
• Pyrenees Shire Council
• The Hugh Williamson Foundation
• Moorabool Shire Council
Be an LBWR sponsor
If you would like to partner with Leadership Ballarat & Western Region to further the development of community leadership, we would love to hear from you to discuss how we could work together. Contact us here.
Past general manager and editor, The Courier
Why does The Courier sponsor LBWR and support participants in the program?
The Courier has always believed that in order for our business to be strong, our community needs to be strong. LBWR is just one way we can assist build on the strengths that already exist in our region. It is important that, as a community, we foster and develop aspiring leaders to ensure they are best placed to play leading community roles in whatever it is they go on to do beyond LBWR.
What benefits do you think the LBWR participants and Leaders in Action bring to the community?
The participants in the program come from a broad range of backgrounds. This diversity is essential in meeting the many and varied roles that are "community leadership.
How does community leadership relate to the vision of your organisation?
We want to be part of a strong and vibrant community. For this to happen, we need to do our bit to ensure we have people in the community who are ready to stand up and play a leading role.